My Favorite Dishes
My Favorite Sweets
Most Popular Recipes
SUBSCRIBE: Receive updates by email: Food, Jokes!
Veg Kolhapuri Vegetarian Dish Mixed Vegetables
Veg Kolhapuri is a mix vegetable dish, normally eaten with chapati, naan or paratha. It is a specialty of Maharashtra, particularly Kolhapur, from where the name of this dish is derived.
It consists of a thick spicy gravy with a variety of vegetables in it. Chapati, paratha, naan, kulcha, etc are eaten along with the vegetable dish.
Ingredients required to make vegetable kolhapuri are:
- One qty each of onion
- boiled potato
- capsicum, all chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 tbsp of garam masala and cumin, turmeric powder
- 1/4 th tsp
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- some boiled peas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- salt and oil to cook.
- Grind the onion, tomato, 1 tsp of sugar, two red chillies, half inch piece of ginger and a little garlic and mix them well.
- In heated 1 tbsp oil, add the cumin seeds and fry till they start spluttering.
- Now add the onion and fry till tender.
- Add the tomato, ginger garlic paste to it.
- After sometime add the chili, tandoori, dhania and turmeric powder to the puree and stir well.
- When the oil starts separating from the mixture, add salt and garam masala.
- Next, pour half cup of water and simmer down the heat.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add the vegetable and stir well.
- Keep cooking till the vegetables have cooked properly and the liquid is reduced to a thick paste.
- Remove from fire and add a dab of lime juice.
- Use chopped coriander leaves to garnish it and serve.
Most Popular Snacks
Dal moth is a spicy and crispy snack made from gram flour, asafoetida, turmeric powder, chili powder, moong, sugar, amchur, oil and salt. Its delicious and is popular as an anytime snack or serves as a very good tea snack. [See Recipe]