The CR Reddy College of Engineering is located in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh. It is named after Sir CR Reddy, who was an educationist, political thinker, essayist, poet and literary critic. Dr C.R. Reddy was the foremost educationalist who played a major role in shaping the educational policy in India. The college was inaugurated on 4th July, 1945 by him, when he was the then Vice-chancellor of Andhra University.
After the inauguration of the college on July 1947, the college was raised to first grade with effect from July 1951, when the university granted affiliation for B.Sc., Physics (Main) and B.Com courses. The college was granted further affiliation in degree courses B.A (Mathematics) and B.A in July 1954. The expansion of degree courses continued years when the Andhra University granted affiliation for other courses in later years. In 1987, U.G.C accorded the status of autonomy to Sir C.R. Reddy College.
Today, the college offers 13 Undergraduate courses, including 9 Bachelor of Science degree courses, 2 Bachelor of Commerce courses and 2 Bachelor of Arts courses. The two year Intermediate Courses were started in the year 1969-70. At present, the college offers 6 intermediate courses, including 2 vocational courses.
The college has become a premier educational institution in Andhra Pradesh. It has grown to be a "mini-university", considering the all-round development and the infra-structural facilities available. The college has won many distinctions, not only in the academic sphere but also in athletics and fine-arts. Its alumni have been in high positions in several walks of life.