HOME >> BOLLYWOOD ACTRESSES
SUBSCRIBE: Receive updated by email!
Kareena Kapoor Height
Name: Kareena Kapoor
Height: 5' 4"
Date of Birth: 21 September , 1980
Birthplace: Mumbai, India
Address: 2-B/110 Excelllency, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400 061
Birth name: Karenina Kapoor
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Grandfather: The legendary Raj Kapoor
Great grandfather: Prithviraj Kapoor
Father: Successful Bollywood actor Randhir Kapoor
Mother: Popular actress Babita.
Uncle: Renowned film star Rishi Kapoor
Sister (elder): Actress Karisma Kapoor
Kareena in her childhood attended Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai and after that she was sent to Welham Girl's Boarding School in Dehradun. Next she studied microcomputers and information technology for three months at Harvard summer school.
Her heart was set on acting. However, at first she got admitted to Government Law College at Churchgate with the aim of becoming a lawyer. But at the end of the first year, she realized her calling was acting and decided to join the film industry. To receive proper training in acting, she took admission in the Kishore Namit Kapoor acting school.
At first Kareena was slated to debut with Rakesh Roshan's Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai. However, things did not work out and she abandoned the project shortly after the filming stared. Instead, she debuted with J. P. Dutta’s Refugee in 2000 opposite Abhishek Bachchan. Her portrayal of a Pakistani girl of the partition era won her critical acclaim and a Filmfare Award for Best Debut as well. Nevertheless, most of her later releases, like Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai and Asoka failed to leave a mark in the box office, even though she did receive a Filmfare nomination for the latter. She rose to stardom with her glamorous role in Karan Johar’s multistarrer epic Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, one of the biggest hits of 2001.
Kapoor was inundated with offers but none of her subsequent projects could reap any noteworhy success. However, her poignant and emotive performance as a prostitute in the 2004 film Chameli silenced her critics and won her rave reviews. She received the Filmfare Special Performance Award for her work. Simultaneously, she also won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Performance for her exertions in the film Dev. She had moderate success with her other 2004 releases like Aitraaz and Priyadarshan’s Hulchul.
2005 was a year of controversies as Kareena was spotted in a liplock with Shahid Kapoor in a Mumbai nightclub in a widely circulated MMS. In 2006, she appeared in potboiler 36 China Town and the run of the mill Chup Chup Ke with her real life heartthrob Shahid Kapoor. Critics as well as the audience have loved her performance in Omkara, an Indian adaptation of William Shakespeare's Othello. she also had a guest appearance in the remake of the classic Don, where she scorched the screen with Helen’s iconic item number Yeh Mera Dil.
- 2000: Filmfare Awards, Filmfare Best Debut Award, Refugee
- 2000: IIFA Awards, Best Female Debut, Refugee
- 2000: Zee Cine Awards, Lux Face of the Year, Refugee
- 2000: Bollywood Awards, Best Female Debut, Refugee
- 2000: Sansui Awards, Best Debutante, Refugee
- 2001: Zee Cine Awards, Queen of Hearts
- 2003: Stardust Awards, Special Jury Award, Chameli (Movie)
- 2003: Sansui Awards, Best Actress (Jury), Chameli (Movie)
- 2003: Bollywood Awards, Best Actress Critics, Chameli (Movie)
- 2003: Anandlok Awards, Best Actress, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon
- 2004: Filmfare Awards, Special Performance, Chameli
- 2004: IIFA Awards, Style Diva of the Year
- 2004: Bollywood Fashion Awards, Celebrity Style (Female)
- 2005: Rajiv Gandhi Young Achiever Award.
- 2005: Filmfare Awards, Critics Award Best Performance
Browse Indian Profiles
SUBSCRIBE: Receive updates by email: Girls, Stories, and Jokes !